Thursday, May 24, 2007

Westboro The Target of a Bomb Plot?

As I mentioned in an earlier post, Westboro Baptist planned and did picket the funeral of Rev. Falwell. Jeremy over at Good As You communicates quite frequently with the completely unhinged daughter of Fred Phelps, Shirley, and posted the emails they exchanged involving what did, in fact, turn out to be a bomb attempt against the folks of Westboro. I'll let you surf over to Jeremy's site (I'm all for giving other bloggers hits, lol) to read the email, but I have to share his last comment...

"Leaving us with only one real question (which we've passed along to
Shirley): "Why does Westboro EVER need police protection if the Living
God they serve is willing and able to deliver them from every evil work?"

Excellent question, Jeremy! Shirley did reply (scroll down, and you'll see it), and she didn't really give a great answer. It was pretty much her usual, "Everyone is against us," reply that left me rather nonplussed.

What I find most humorous about all this, is that it turned out to be a Liberty University student who tried to carry out the plot. I don't think I need to explain the irony there, lol.

No comments: