Tuesday, May 15, 2007

GOP Debate to Air on Fox News Tonight

I suppose it's my Early Childhood Education background, but I can't seem to get this little song out of my head when I think about this debate.

Ten little monkeys sitting in a tree...teasing Mr. Alligator, "You can't catch me, you can't catch me!"

In a sense, that's what you'll be able to see tonight on Fox News when all ten candidates take their places at their lecterns tonight. It seems that debates have become less and less influential and relevant. Instead, we'll have ten pretty faces, all trying to "one-up" each other. Don't get me wrong, the Democrats are just as bad when it comes to building up their images while saying absolutely nothing. Call me a cynic, but these endless debates have really begun to serve very little purpose. If you really want to know where a candidate stands on any particular issue, Google them and check out not only their personal campaign websites, but any and all public statements they might have made. Another alternative is to read various blogs (many of which are listed on my blogroll) and get some information you might not come across in mainstream media.

It should go without saying, but plan to vote! Do your homework beforehand, so you can make an informed decision.

No comments: