Tuesday, May 29, 2007

From the 'Most Ridiculous' File...

Just a few stories that will hopefully give you a giggle...

*MSNBC is reporting that the Polish government is now upset about the Teletubbies. In a statement released by Ewa Sowinska...

"In comments reminiscent of criticism by the late U.S. evangelist Jerry
Falwell, she was quoted as saying: "I noticed (Tinky Winky) has a lady's purse,
but I didn't realize he's a boy."
"At first I thought the purse would be a
burden for this Teletubby ... Later I learned that this may have a homosexual
undertone."

Apparently, child psychologists will soon be consulted to insure that no Polish children are in any way injured, lol. I have to admit, though...MSNBC really should have taken another look at their headline on this story, "Uh-oh! Teletubbies under gay probe again." What, exactly, is a gay probe? Tsk, tsk, tsk...someone in the editing department should have picked up on that misplaced modifier...unless it was intended, lol. Ah, the plot thickens!

*In another case of headline hilarity, the Associated Press reported on a 49 year old man's encounter with a leopard. This headline reads, "Man Clad in Underwear Pins Leopard," and while the story is serious and the man was a hero to his sleeping family...I wonder if he'd appreciate being known as the man clad in underwear? I'm just saying, lol.

*Seems there will be a conference in Washington this week on global warming. Normally this event wouldn't fall under the category of 'most ridiculous,' but this one is made up of conservative speakers including the author of the book What Would Jesus Drive? Interestingly enough, I don't notice Al Gore on the list of speakers. Hmmmm...I wonder why?

No comments: