Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I Told You...Ten Little Monkeys

I make it a point not to watch any news after a certain hour, because I tend to get so riled up that I can't sleep, lol. So, when I started my usual morning news round-up, I found several reports and accounts of last night's Rethug debate. Since Fox News hosted and moderated the debate, I opted to use CBS as my main source, and what I read simply boggled my mind. I expected the usual "one-liners," and sophomoric one-upmanship, but last night's exchanges were just ridiculous. CBS reports...

"Tuesday night's feisty
debate
saw several sharp exchanges as veiled criticisms replaced by direct
language, and motives questioned, as well as several sharp exchanges. And while
there were no clear-cut winners, there were memorable moments and perhaps one
loser, at least in the eyes of many in the audience."


One such exchange was between Rudy Giuliani and Ron Paul, in which Paul suggested that U.S. foreign policy was to blame for the 9/11 attacks. In response, Giuliani said...

"I would ask the congressman to withdraw that comment and tell us that he didn't
really mean that."


That statement garnered a great deal of applause from the audience, and rendered, if only unofficially, Paul the debate's loser. The usual issues were discussed...abortion, immigration, campaign finance and the like, but I give the gold star for the comment of the night to Mike Huckabee, who said...

"We've had a Congress that's spent money like John Edwards at a beauty shop."


Like I said...ten little monkeys, lol.

No comments: