Thursday, May 17, 2007

Unhinged Folger Lashes Out Again

According to Janet Folger of Faith2Action, not only is pride not a parade...but it, "goeth before a fall." In last Tuesday's article written for her fellow wingnuts over at WorldNetDaily, Folger attempts to make the assertion that not only the homosexuals (operating under that ever elusive agenda we supposedly have), but the Democrats in Congress intentionally scheduled the vote on H.R. 1592...the Hate Crimes Legislation which passed and about which I've discussed copiously...for the National Day of Prayer as a prideful and arrogant statement of power. Take a moment and let out a good laugh...I know I did, lol!

Still bloviating about the ficticious damage the bill would do to free speech and continuing to refer to it as, "the thoughts crimes bill," Folger intimated that the date of the vote was what lead to the veto promise from the Chimperor. She refers to the 19 million Christians who chose not to vote last November, and insinuates that those 19 million will now rise up from the conservative ashes, admit their, "sin of omission," and take back the right to free speech that they still believe was lost. She even goes so far as to suggest constituents send handcuffs to their Congressmen and Senators since the passage of H.R. 1592 will result in the mass arrests and subsequent handcuffing of pastors all over the country. I'll give her some credit...it is a colorful and creative idea, but one that is also incredibly misguided.

My favorite paragraph of this article, though, is this one...

"Pride is the thing God hates the most. It's what got Satan kicked out of heaven. But not only does God hate it, the American people hate it, too. And I predict it will be what gets this Congress kicked out of power."

You know what God hates as well? Hateful speech and actions. Janet used a passage from the book of Proverbs, but I seem to remember another couple of very relevant passages that would put quite a chink in Ms. Folger's armor...

* "When they kept on questioning Him, He straightened up and said to them,
'If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at
her.'" John 8:7 (New International Version) Obviously, "He," is Jesus and
he was speaking to a group of teachers and Pharisees who intended to stone to
death a woman who had been caught in adultery.

* "The Pharisees challenged Him, "Here you are, appearing as your own
witness; your testimony is not valid." Jesus answered, "Even if I testify
on my own behalf, my testimony is valid, for I know where I came from and where
I am gong. But
you have no idea where I come from or where I am going. You judge by human
standards; I pass judgement on no one." John 8:13-15 (New International
Version)

Perhaps Ms. Folger and the 19 million absent Christian voters should consider these passages before attacking others...just a thought.