Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Blair Wasn't Bush's 'Poodle'...He's "Much More Kind of Lofty"

I love it when I don't have to work to make a joke about the Chimperor! Here's some of what Bush had to say about outgoing Prime Minister Tony Blair...

"I've heard he's been called Bush's poodle," the president said of Blair,
who has been heavily criticised in Britain for his decision to stand by the
United States first in its invasion
of Iraq
in 2003, and later in its refusal to criticise Israel for its
bombing of Lebanon last summer.
"He's bigger than that. This is just
background noise, a distraction from big things. This kind of thing is just
silly ridicule and that's how I treat it."

Okay, so Blair is bigger than a poodle? I'm just saying, lol. It gets better, though...

"Tony's great skill, and I wish I had it, is that he's very articulate. I
wish I was a better speaker. This guy (Blair) can really ... he can talk," Bush
said.
"He's given some really good speeches here on US soil. He's a very
good writer, obviously, and he's a very good speaker too."
The president
acknowledged, however, that the pair had very different speaking styles: "He's
much more kind of lofty and eloquent than I am. I tend to be just pretty matter
of fact
."

I'm trying extraordinarily hard to contain my laughter here, but I think that most elementary aged kids are more articulate than the Chimperor could ever hope to be. Oh, and George...it should be, "I wish I were a better speaker." Let' see...only about 18 more months of Dubya. Thank god!

No comments: