Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Fundies Criticize the New York Times

Ok, I realize that my title probably states the obvious...but I just couldn't pass up this one. It seems that some of those lovable little wingnuts over at Americans for Truth are wondering why the Times is denouncing the Ugandan policies regarding homosexuality. Specifically, they are asking what gives the United States the right to lecture another country on its policies.

Whatever your stance, homosexuality isn't the bigger issue in this article...even if Peter LaBarbera and his cronies would like for you to think otherwise. No, the bigger question is, does the United States have the right to lecture? Think about it before you answer...think about the wars we're fighting, the leaders we've promoted, the POLICIES we've supported or denounced in the past.

I'm not proposing an answer one way or the other, but I find it ironic that some of the biggest "Bush-backers" have the audacity to gripe about the US lecturing other countries. It just seems to me that the Fundies are all for lectures...if they serve their personal beliefs and agendas.