Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Condi, Condi, Condi...


Seems I'm on something of a roll today, lol, so I decided to take a swipe at the Secretary of State, Condoleezza Rice.

Over in the offices of The Washington Post, Bob "Watergate" Woodward has been putting together another best seller in which he points out that Sec. Rice knew as early as July of 2001 that Bin Laden, et al. were planning attacks. Woodward takes it a step or two further by suggesting that not only did Rice know about the plans, but that she chose to ignore or 'shrug off' George Tenet and other CIA officials. In concert with just about every other Republican (this week, that is, lol), Condi emphatically denied any prior knowledge...


"What I am quite certain of, however, is that I would remember if I was told --
as this account apparently says -- that there was about to be an attack in the
United States," Rice said. "The idea that I would somehow have ignored that I
find incomprehensible." (source... www.washingtonpost.com)

Here's where the story gets really interesting...

Following the attacks, the 9/11 commission heard testimony from Sec. Rice, in which she not only acknowledges the existence of a briefing dated August 6, 2001, but she also provided the title of that document. In what was an impressive show of confidence and intelligence, Dr. Rice gave this testimony under oath with no notes before her and no advisors to assist her. You can see the declassified document using the following link...


**August 6, 2001, Bin Ladin Determined to Strike Inside US, http://www.cnn.com/2004/images/04/10/whitehouse.pdf

So, it would seem that one of two possibilities exist here. Not unlike Mr. Hastert, Sec. Rice has either suddenly developed a case of amnesia that has so impaired her ability to speak and behave in a manner which can only be described as inept, or someone's lying.
Condi's gonna have a tough time selling her story as it stands now, especially since Michael Moore used video of the very testimony she gave to the commission in his film, Fahrenheit 9/11.

It looks as though two Republican figures have, in the course of a couple of days, assumed that the American people are just too stupid to figure out when we're being lied to. To quote Julia Sugarbaker (Designing Women),

"I've been around compost all my life. I've seen it loaded onto wagons and
tilled and hoed and spread across fields far and wide. But until today, I must
say, I've never seen it tied up and gift wrapped in quite so neat and tidy and
"pretty" a package. Congratulations. You're a very clever girl. But it's still
compost. Now if you'll excuse me, I leave you to dig your way out. You do know
how to dig, don't you? You just get down on your hands and knees -- and shovel. "

I just couldn't have said it any better myself, LOL.

No comments: